Posted to alt.home.repair
john john is offline

Default Laminate flooring and radon

Im still having Radon problems here. There are a few areas between the
flooring and the trim where there are gaps like this -

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...inate-trim.jpg

Even though that gap looks big........just on the outside of that picture on
both ends, the flooring and trim meet perfectly tight. Any ideas on what
to use to seal that gap tightly ? Theres a couple sections that look like
that.

Im guess I have to chaulk everywhere where the trim meets the
sheetrock...but not sure what to do for the above image where the trim meets
the flooring?

I have the same radon levels that I had before the flooring was installed.
(7.0 ) This is a bummer.

They used radon plastic and padding as well with the 1/2 inch thick laminate
flooring. This gas is impossible to get arid of. The readings in the
crawl space were low too.