Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:47:49 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"ransley" wrote in message
I pay 4.36, regular, I hope its not as some say, near 5 by 4th of
july, this is the making for a long big recession especialy to hurt
the lower class, I already see very bad effects.

++++++++++++++++++++

Many of us have already cut back in other areas in anticipation of the next
season home heating. At today's prices, I'll be paying an extra $1700 over
the last year. That has to come from cutting back in other areas, like
eating out, vacation, wear those shoes a little longer. I'd cut back on
haircuts, but I eliminated them about three years ago.

Hi Edwin,

Few of us realize what lies ahead. It's not just higher gasoline
prices, but rising home heating and cooling costs and higher food
prices as well. Just about everything we purchase will be more
expensive due to increased energy and transportation costs.

In just the past two years, the price of gasoline, home heating oil
and diesel has doubled and by fall that will likely be true of natural
gas. Thermal coal prices in some parts of the country have just about
tripled in the past year which, in combination with natural gas, will
send electricity prices upward. There will be no escaping it, no
matter which way you turn.

Cheers,
Paul