Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flooded laminate flooring -- any hope of rescue?

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

The only thing that I can think of is to wait until everything has
dried out and then sand the floor and refinish it. But that assumes
that the laminate floor has a thick enough wood layer on the top that
it can be sanded smooth without going through the wood where it is
curled up.

Laminate has no wood. They call it "laminate" because it is laminated
plastic. Engineered wood is a different product.

In any case, water under it has the potential for mold and mildew. I'd tear
it out and replace it after everything is properly dried.