Ben Siders

Default OT - WHY DO PEOPLE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS PRESIDENT???

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:01:16 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

Ben Siders writes:

I believe their actions were straight up traditional racism against a
black man.

How?

Charlie Self

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating
plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."
George W. Bush

He was treated differently because of his race. That's racism. His
incompetance and bad behavior were overlooked. "He's black! What do you
expect? We can't fire him for it!" That's racism. Racism isn't only bad
when it hurts the victim of it. Prejudgices and stereotypes aren't okay
if they're positive ("Japanese people are math wizards!", "Black guys play
basketball well!", "Jews are good with money!"). Neither is racism not
racism if it benefits the victim of it. Blair was kept around because of
his color, and his unprofessionalism was excused because he's black. They
didn't do him any favors, although he does seem to be capitalizing on his
15 minutes pretty well (and I applaud him for it).