Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default CSI electrical mistake

In article , metspitzer wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:38:14 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "HeyBub"

wrote:
metspitzer wrote:

Almost every chemical substance is characterized by "taste," as in
"odorless, colorless, tasteless..."

Taste is a common diagnostic tool.

So you are saying that CSI people routinely lick bones and taste
unknown substances?

Dunno about CSI folks, but I've worked in two labs: Research Clinical
Pathology at a major cancer research hospital and the exploration and
production labs at the world's largest facility for studying the origin and
migration of petroleum.

"Taste" is a fairly common diagnostic tool - sometimes, admittedly, by
accident as you mouth-pipette various substances such as urine, liquefied
feces, pus, and so on.

Wow. Almost thirty years later, I still remember getting reamed, as a
second-year chemistry major, by the proctor in the Organic lab for doing just
that: "NEVER PIPETTE BY MOUTH!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IN THERE!"

How, then, can it be true that....."Taste is a common diagnostic
tool."

Draw your own conclusions about that.