Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lurk lurk is offline

Default Best way to store C2016 batteries?

I dunno know about the fridge thing but seems my devices that run on
batteries the batteries don't hold up well in the cold weather...always
carry cameras recorders in the jeep year round....just my thought

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Jun 7, 2:12 pm, daviddschool wrote:
I have about 40 C2016 batteries kicking around. I want to store them,
but someone told me if they are touching each other in a bag they
might lose the charge...what is the best method (besides selling them
on Ebay to get rid of them!)

They will short out if there is a metallic path from one end of a
battery to the other, which could be thru 6 other batteries if they
happened to be arranged in such a manner that there is continuity.
Put some masking tape over one of the two contacts and put them all in
the refrigerator as the previous poster suggested.