Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Full English

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:07:12 +0100, Pete Verdon wrote:

And does anyone eat that half a tomato?

No. In a small caff I always tell them I don't want it - no point
wasting it. In more industrial places, a non-standard breakfast is more
hassle for them so I don't bother. Tinned tomatoes I try to avoid at all
costs - horrible things on a breakfast.

Fresh uncooked, tomato is just about tollerable. Put tinned on and I'm
quite likely to reject the whole breakfast. Ghastly stuff, though I do use
tinned chopped tomatoes as a base for a tomato pasta sauce, but that can
have herbs, pepper, salt, sugar & balsamic vineger added to mask the
tinned flavour.

--
Cheers
Dave.