Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT; Full English

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Huge wrote:
I agree with that if I'm having it at home, but it's a 'logistics'
issue when you are trying to produce them commercially. When the
whole breakfast is made fresh, which is what gets people queueing up
for them, it just takes too long to produce a 'proper' piece of fried
bread.

Really? Surely you just dip a slice of stale bread in the deep fat frier
to soak it in fat and chuck it on the griddle that you're frying the
egg, bacon and soss on?

Not many caffs use fat these days. Clogs the injectors. ;-)

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

We don't do deep fat fryers in our caff. Makes a huge difference to the
insurance. Most of our food is salad based, with jacket spuds, quiches,
chilli and rice, club sarnies, that sort of thing. Only place we have heat
and oil is a single frying pan for the fried eggs, which take but a minute
or two ...

Arfa