Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default OT; Full English

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Who decided that baked beans & hash browns are part of the great English
breakfast?

Baked beans are perfectly proper as far as I'm concerned. Preferably
ones that have been simmering away so long that they've turned into a
kind of orange porridge. Hash browns I agree are an American perversion,
but will sheepishly admit to having been won over. Wouldn't cook 'em
myself, but always add them on the rare occasions that I indulge in a
canteen fry-up at work.

And does anyone eat that half a tomato?

No. In a small caff I always tell them I don't want it - no point
wasting it. In more industrial places, a non-standard breakfast is more
hassle for them so I don't bother. Tinned tomatoes I try to avoid at all
costs - horrible things on a breakfast.

Pete