Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default York vs Trane AC?

wrote:
Does anyone know how good the York home air conditioning units are? I
was looking into the York Affinity 5T series...seemed to offer alot
compared to Trane. I'm not arguing Trane is a top dog unit...everyone
seems to say they are very good. I want a good unit, but it doesn't
need to be the best. The price differential is quite significant.

Is York considered one of the "good" brands out there? I have not
been able to find much feedback on them...for better or worse.

Thanks

-Joe

I have one minor problem with my York system. The heater blower is very
loud. The AC compressor is very quiet, but not the inside blower. Other
than that the unit has worked very well for several years now. I had
one problem the first summer after I had it put in. The expansion valve
(is that right?) stuck the first spring when I tried to start cooling. But
they got it fixed in one day at no cost since it was less than a year old.

Bill