Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Edge finder/ Center finder question

"rgoldner" wrote in message

Adjust the X and Y axis so that the pointed end of the center/edge
finder is approximately in the center of the hole somewhat below the
surface. With the spindle running slowly, move the X axis until you
see the kick. Note the reading on the dial. Now move the X axis slowly
in the opposite direction until you see the kick. Note the dial
reading. Subtract the smaller reading from the larger. Now move the X
axis toward the center of the hole for half of the calculated
distance. The center finder is now exactly at the center of the hole's
X axis. Repeat for the Y axis and you have found the exact center.

Sounds good except for the backlash. I suppose if you had a DRO this would
work just fine.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.