Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Edge finder/ Center finder question

"Roger Shoaf" wrote:

On an edge finder there are two ends. The end you use to find the edge is
pretty straight forward, but the pointy end is supposed to be for finding
the center of holes, but for the life of me I cant seem to figure out how
this is supposed to work.

I use the finger nail method. Tapped holes are going to be a problem though.

Turning a tight pin to stick in tapped hole and indicating that might be more accurate.
Usually when you are tring to pick up such a hole, there is something broken in it though

Wes