Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Yo! inventors!!!

"Steve W." wrote: (clip) My building
is 100' long, and I am constantly walking back and forth to my phase
convertor to turn it off and on,(clip)

I actually saw this in the basement of an old Berkeley house: A bare light
bulb with a pull chain, mounted under the floor joists, half way between the
side door and the rear door. Ropes, levers and pulleys made it possible to
turn the light on or off from either doorway.

Which reminds me of a cartoon I saw once, of a guy sitting on a scaffolding,
in the middle of his living room, reading the paper under a single bare
light bulb. His wife is telling a neighbor: "He's not good at electricity,
but he's a pretty good carpenter."