Posted to alt.home.repair
Glenn Kurtzrock Glenn Kurtzrock is offline

Default Epoxy putty to repair leaky pipe?

Hello, looking for some advice here - I have a water pipe outside of
my house under a deck which leads to the hose we use for the
backyard. Last year it was cracked and a plumber fixed it by
replacing the leaky portion. This year it's leaking again. Rather
than use a plumber or replace the cracked portion, I was thinking of
patching it with epoxy putty (along the lines of mighty putty but a
generic version from a hardware store). Is this a really bad idea?
Thanks!