Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked Washing Machine Overflow Tray

On Sat 07 Jun 2008 09:26:14a, Smarty told us...

Thanks for the reply Wayne. I'm actually happier with this solution now
that it is finished than I would ever be with a patched tray. The issue
of strength and manipulation in cramped spaces was really the big issue,
and (as a guy well into his 60's with occasional lower back and knee
problems) I wasn't looking for another 6 month round of physical
therapy sessions. Thankfully my son is pretty husky and strong, and the
process went pretty smoothly.

Yes, replacement was the *perfect* solution, and you don't ever have to
think about it again.

I understand perfectly. I'm 63, had two stents implanted last year, and
had a fairly serious back injury last Fall. I have to be fairly careful of
lifting heavy things.

Your upright freezer battle sounds like a challenge. Pulling it back out
may, as you say, be the real pain. Could rollers and an extension cord
to lengthen the working distance allow you to move this in and out
easier in the future? My side by side kitchen refrigerator freezer is on
rollers, added aftermarket, which make it easier to clean behind it.

Smarty

The rollers would be great, but if I were to use them, I would probably
have to mount them on a piece of plywood and set the freezer on the
plywood. Instructions with the freezer warn against raising the freezer
above the floor. Apparently, the design is such that the amount of space
between the bottom of the freezer and the floor is critical.

My refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen has its own rollers built in.

As to the freezer, I don't anticipate having to remove it on a regular
basis, so I'm not too concerned. If I have to move it, though, it will be
interesting. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 06(VI)/07(VII)/08(MMVIII)