Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Yo! inventors!!!

Dixon wrote:
Okay inventors, here's an idea that is needed. And it will be easy. All I
ask is to send me one for free for the idea. I recently bought an American
Rotary phase convertor. It has a push button on and off switch. My building
is 100' long, and I am constantly walking back and forth to my phase
convertor to turn it off and on, sometimes for only for a few seconds. How
about a nice wireless car door type on-off switch that could be carried on
your belt or pocket? I thought about mounting a couple of car doors, with
the up-down push button pointing at the switch, but I'm sure there's an
easier way! (just kidding). After I get my free one, send me a post card
from the Bahama's when you get rich from my idea!
Dixon

Those have been around for a LONG time. You can even buy the plug in
version from Wal~Mart if you like. Comes with a SMALL on/off rocker remote.
It switches a 110 load of up to 10 amps. Just use a contactor rated for
your load and switch it with the remote.

--
Steve W.