Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inverters - again

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I've got a 150W one of those (not from tlc). It runs a Potteron
Profile boiler and pump. Pump makes a bit of a strange noise due
to the harmonics, but it works fine.

The cigarette lighter plug gets very hot though.

I'm not surprised - they're rated at 10 amps. ;-) The instructions with
most inverters say to use the supplied crock clips above a certain output.

I've bought a few high current connectors with a view of replacing it,
but they've all looked even more feeble than a cigarette lighter plug
when they've turned up, so I haven't really solved that one yet. May
just go for 30A binding posts and spade lugs.

Speakon type works fine.

--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.