Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default U.S. carpentry for a non-U.S. resident ( Help !)

olivier wrote:
The Davenport's a écrit :
"DonkeyHody" wrote in message
Oliver,
What you need is a good book. I have an earlier edition of this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Carpentry-Buil...2630811&sr=1-4

It is intended as a student's textbook. It's almost a thousand pages,
with many, many photos and diagrams. It will lead you through the
entire construction sequence and answer your questions. I highly
recommend it for anyone about to undertake building anything bigger
than a dog house. I don't make money if you buy it, I just think it
will help you.

DonkeyHody
"The best things in life . . . aren't things."

I don't have the book, but I did drool on it for a while at a
friends...actually, it's a pretty good book to have even if ALL you
are going to build is a doghouse...you never know when you might upset
SWMBO and you have to sleep it it!

Mike

i don't know what is a standard sizing for an U.S. room or house.
for me a room is 4 by 3 meters ( 13 by 10 ft )....

and i don't really plan to buy a book at amazon or barnes&noble,
overseas shipping fees are sometimes as expensive as the price of the
book....

oliver

Maybe overseas shipping is a killer, Oliver, but the scope and breadth
of information that you need far exceeds what can be answered in a
newsgroup. Simply the rules followed for stud framing (wall structures)
would be enough to fill one book and there's no way you'll get that kind
of info here.

If you can't get a book from online retailers, try some other means. You
can get specific answerss here or in other NGs, but you really need
proper documentation.

Tanus