Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default technique for glossing wood to avoid runs/brushmarks?

benpost wrote:

well i've already got the paint, dulux, so it should be ok and already
got various brushes... what i'm looking for is a pattern of applying
the paint.. such as dont load it up too much, dont press hard, start
from the edge or middle, paint opposite the wood grain or in line with
it?? do the middle first or edges? i've got a flat door to paint.
also whats the best way to deal with a door with panelling?

If you are using a non-drip gloss, don't overbrush it. If you are using
a normal gloss don't whack too much on.

TBH I'm much better with a spray gun than I am with a brush. So to the
annoyance of my wife, I remove the doors, lay them on a trestle and
spray paint them, which gives a very good finish.