Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

Andy Champ wrote:
Rod wrote:
Adrian wrote:
You seem to be forgetting that many tyre sizes would be common across
a variety of different makes and models, though.

Unfortunately, not always. (You did write "many".) Just needed to
order some specially - the *only* car that takes the specific tyre.
And it's only a Nissan.

I have had the dealer correctly identify my make and model when I called
to ask if they had stock of a set size.

And that's just a Toyota...

Andy.

Well we used to regularly fit at least three sizes of tyres to the same
car..

145s gave good econnomy, 155's gripped better, and 165's fouled the
chassis at full lock IIRC. If you wanted low profile RipSpeed did some
nice replacement bigger rims...

Most cars will take quite a variety: its only when you get to exotic
brands that there is only one tyre that works. Or even FITS.

Of course the manufactures do deals with te suppliers, and fit something
and the tyre people supply them cheap to the manufacturers in the hope
that the punter will want the same expensive tyre over and over again.