Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

In article , I, Don Klipstein wrote:
In article , Bob F wrote:

"SMS" wrote in message
.. .
Don Klipstein wrote:

My computer has an Asus A7N8X-E "deluxe" motherboard for the AMD "Athlon
XP" processor. That is maybe 5 years old. I got it the same day I got a
"3200+" processor. The battery is removable and replaceable. I have that
computer on a power strip that I often turn off.

Asus is a top of the line motherboard, so you'd expect them to have a
replaceable battery. The boards sold for use in name brand computers
are decontented to save ever penny possible, literally (I used to work
for a very large Taiwanese motherboard company's U.S. office). This
includes using a very low capacity back-up battery, and soldering it in.

I've seen a lot of motherboards, and I can't remember ever seeing a
soldered in battery.

I remember seeing one out of dozens of motherboards. I forget what the
motherboard was.

- Don Klipstein )

Now I think I remember: I think it was on a 486 motherboard that I got
in 1994 in a no name computer pieced together by a small computer store.

- Don Klipstein )