Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT; Fencing & Decking for mountain goats

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Might be hard work, but far worse is trying to dig holes in
clay/stones/rubble that passes for much of our garden. :-)

Ever tried the Kent speciality - clay, chalk. flint?

The hole for the post where 'Desmond' is standing took an hour to dig out,
that included the use of a 6kg SDS/breaker.

Actually, we also have chalk/flint - below and in places mixed into the
clay. :-) But I am not really trying to start an "our holes are more
difficult than your holes" thread! (Someone in Aberdeen will relate
putting a post into granite and win easily.)

And, last couple I did, I cheated. Both were abutted to existing
concrete - so I did not make them full depth.

--
Rod

onset.