Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default CSI electrical mistake

metspitzer wrote in
:

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:21:23 -0400, Calvin Henry-Cotnam
wrote:

pipedown ) said...

Yeah, CSI Miami is probably the worst of the 4 such shows on that
network. NCIS comes closest but still makes a few technical mistakes.
I also find all of them entertaining but wouldn't rely on anything I
saw on them if I were a juror.

I wonder how many of these "mistakes" are really mistakes and how many
are deliberate misinformation.

These shows do a surprising amount of research, given that this is
just entertainment. I had a relative who was the chief coroner in our
province in the 70's and 80's and his office was consulted a few times
by the producers of Quincy. Given that production values have
increased since that time, it reasonably follows that research has
followed.

From that and the desire on the part of the producers and the networks
to avoid litigation, it seems reasonable to believe that deliberate
misinformation is sprinkled into scripts to prevent the accusation
that the show is a "how-to" manual on committing murder.

The thing I find most "unbelievable" about the show is that I have saw
Grissom "taste" evidence it 3 different shows.

He tasted toothpaste that had been used to fill in a hole in the wall.
He licked a bone. And, he tasted a yellow substance on a shopping
cart that turned out to be mustard. Ever heard of baby shift yellow?

I think he wanted to taste Lady Heather too. He was afraid Sara would
beat the **** out of him though.