Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

That's because you have no bloody wind-turbines on your grid. We have here,
and I had to include them in my thesis, and these things seriously harm the
voltage quality in interconnected grids. In stand-alone residence
installations, they work ok, probably with photovoltaics, but here they are
a disaster, in whole Crete all the lights flicker every evening when the
bloody wing stalls them and they convert momentarily from generating to
motors. I prefer old-fashioned fossil-fuel fired power plants, after all
smoking chimneys is a token of peace:-)

You need to move your politicians closer to the turbines, to maintain
a higher efficiency. This detail os often overlooked in this type of
installation. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.