Posted to rec.woodworking
sawzdust sawzdust is offline

Default O/T: 06/06/1944

Wow you pretend to know something! Funny though, that for all the Years
prior as Hitler ravaged Europe, we strove... only to protect the oil in
North Africa. You are right that the Eastern European would have, and it
would have been a great and noble cause to have, but being a day late and a
dollar short! America chose oil and land over people!
I do read, and I have hundreds of my fathers photos and his log books and
clippings from North Africa and the War in general..... Try again there
speedy!

"dpb" wrote in message ...
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in

North
Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel in N.
Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab as

much
land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for a
much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...

You really should read more...