Greg O

Default OT - WHY DO PEOPLE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS PRESIDENT???

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
s.com...
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:33:29 -0500, Greg O wrote:

Am I the only one here that knew the economy was due for an

"adjustment"?
The economy can not grow like it did forever. It was going to take a

dump,
regardless of who is the president. It was due, Bush got stuck with it.

After what started in March of 2000, I went from 100% stocks/funds to 25%
stocks/funds and 75% money market. I did wait about 3 months to make the
adjustment and got out before any heavy losses. I got back into
stocks/funds right after the second Saddam hunt began.

I was going to get out of stocks then too, but IIRC I blinked, and it was
too late! I remember looking my portfolio over, thinking it was time to
move, then getting busy on a home remodel. When I looked again, it was all
over! On the hit I took I could have bought a new house!
I have a pretty good stomach for the stack market and am still in it, hell
it is time for a rebound, mark my words! That and I have quite a few years
before retirement, so let 'er ride!
Greg