Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Hail and wind damage to roof and siding and insurance companies ??

In article 050620082255491585%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone. ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Steve
wrote:

My wife said they stopped by our house the other day and wanted to know if
we wanted our roof and siding replace because of hail and wind damage and
that it would cost us nothing more than our deductible or something like
that (my wife often does not get the whole story or ask a lot of questions)
and that they would do most the talking with the insurance company. I said
what damage

Why would you want someone you don't know talking to your insurance
company?

These kinds of "contractors" are good for only one thing.. reminding
you to call your insurance company to have them check. I wouldn't use
them even if needed a new roof. It is a trust (okay, frank paranoia)
issue.