Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default save dial indicator

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I needed a dial indicator where it got splashed with coolant for a few
days.

Now its all sticky and the needle won't return. Can you take one of these
apart for cleaning, or do you get a pile o' parts? What would you spritz
on the inners to remove coolant residue?

Karl

When I worked in the shop we would blast 'em with WD40. If that did not do
it either toss 'em or if worth keeping, send 'em somewhere for rebuild. You
should be able to unscrew the back to see the innards, depending on the
type.
If water based coolant even a dip in warm water, followed by some WD40
probably would not hurt it any more than what damage is done already.
Greg