Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Calling Ryobi brushcutter/strimmer owners

Piers Finlayson wrote:
"Piers Finlayson" wrote in message
I know there's a couple of you guys out there - I think you both bought a
Quickfire Ryobi brushcutter a couple of weeks ago.

I recently bought the Screwfix special offer Ryobi (61459 when it was on
99.99). It's an absolute pig to start. I've managed to get it going
twice, but the rest of the time it just won't catch.

It doesn't seem to be the engine flooded (I've removed the spark plug and
pulled the start cord as instructed) and this doesn't solve the problem.

So, the question is - is the Quickfire any easier to start, or does it
still take a bit of time?

I think I'll be returning this one anyway, but am interested to see if
there's anything better for the same (ish) price.

Again, thanks all.

Given that this is a brand new item (I had it about a week) and it doesn't
start easily or as described in the instructions, I'm sending it back to
Screwfix.

I'll head out to the sheds/garden centres tomorrow for a replacement. If
anyone can recommend anywhere good in the Oswestry or Welshpool areas, do
let me know!

Piers

If you want to enjoy going to a truly old-fashioned ironmongers which
sells all sorts (nails by the pound through to tractors), there's always
Bunners in Montgomery. Undoubtedly they will have some decent
brushcutters, etc. (I assume they are still going - haven't been for a
few years now.)

Not a recommendation as such, but there's always
http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk in Newtown. (Used to be the cheap shop
many years ago.)

There's also the agricultural merchants (name escapes me) on the
industrial estate round the back of the railway station in Welshpool. (I
know "station" is far too grand a name for that!)

--
Rod

onset.