Posted to alt.home.repair
Raleigh_3_Speed Raleigh_3_Speed is offline

Default Adding roof fan

On May 21, 9:34 am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Raleigh_3_Speed wrote:
I saw my father install a turbine fan a while back and would like some
help and info on adding one to my mom's garage.

I thought the thermostatically controlled fan would be best.

Is there a template in the box for the hole size?
I know I will have to remove some shingles, can they be re-used as I
have no orig. replacements?

Garage size is 26 X 30 ft.

Thanks.

Hi,
If I were you, I'd start with a top quality one and get a few spare
shingle pieces(even a bundle does not cost much at HD or Lowe) In my
case I got hold of a roofing guys doing reroofing in the neighborhood. I
aksed them to do it after work for couple bottles of booze. Done well
very quickly. Cost? two bottles of Rye.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all the advice.

I want to replace some existing roof vents [the non-electric
type :-) ] on my mother's house with the thermostatic type.

Will they fit in the existing holes without a lot of modification ?

The roof has a low angle slope. It has blown in insulation.

Will adding heat barrier sheets help much in reducing the heat
generation?

Thanks.