Posted to alt.home.repair
Duff2 Duff2 is offline

Default A/C Problem

You have a refrigerant leak and are low enough to freeze the coil but
not completely out, yet..

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:15:53 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" wrote in message
My outdoor compressor is running, but no air is blowing. There is alot of
condensation on the copper tubing just outside the interior air handling
unit in the basement, and there was even some ice buildup.

This is for my basement and first floor, and fortunately my heat pump for
upstairs is working.

Last winter they had to replace a controller on my furnace which is needed
for both heating (oil heat) and cooling.

I'll call the HVAC in the morning. Meanwhile, any ideas what the problem
might be?

If you have ice, you could be low on refrigerant in the system or not enough
air is flowing over the coils. Check the filter and also see if the fan in
the air handler is running and if belt driven, see if the belt is ok.