Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default CSI electrical mistake

Jim Yanik wrote in
:

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote in
:

pipedown ) said...

Yeah, CSI Miami is probably the worst of the 4 such shows on that
network. NCIS comes closest but still makes a few technical mistakes.
I also find all of them entertaining but wouldn't rely on anything I
saw on them if I were a juror.

I wonder how many of these "mistakes" are really mistakes and how
many are deliberate misinformation.

These shows do a surprising amount of research, given that this is
just entertainment. I had a relative who was the chief coroner in our
province in the 70's and 80's and his office was consulted a few
times by the producers of Quincy. Given that production values have
increased since that time, it reasonably follows that research has
followed.

From that and the desire on the part of the producers and the
networks to avoid litigation, it seems reasonable to believe that
deliberate misinformation is sprinkled into scripts to prevent the
accusation that the show is a "how-to" manual on committing murder.

IMO,the CSI:Miami "Florida gun registration database" is an attempt to
bias the unknowing public in favor of gun registration,as a tool for
solving crimes,when it hasn't been shown to be effective at that.

also what irks me is when a CSI holds up a bullet and says "9mm"
without measuring it,and the difference between .38,.380,.357
Magnum,and the several 9's is only a few thousandths of an inch,not
discernable with the naked eye.

They also show a CSI test-shooting a handgun into ballistic gelatin
and the actual bullet depicted is a spitzer RIFLE bullet.

You guys are paying too much attention to the CSI Miami legal stuff. The
lab is lacking as there is never any duct tape to be seen. Pay more
attention to the hot chickies and their atire. That's for real.