4 out of 5 dentists

Default OT - WHY DO PEOPLE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS PRESIDENT???

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:23:20 -0400, 4 out of 5 dentists wrote:

what do you find authoritative then ? just curious.

Honestly? Very little. I like to read a variety of publications with a
variety of political motivations, and see which facts are most consistant
among them. These have the best likelihood of being rooted in truth.

i see your point, you kind of have to in order to get something remotely
close to the story. i just find it strange that you said something to this
effect
about the NYT, when i've all but marginalized FOX for being the most
sensationalized and often the most irresponsible reporting i have ever seen.

even when that guy who was making up **** in the NYT was writing articles
it was still better than the best factual FOX report I have ever read ( or
seen )
and that goes for the weather on FOX as well ...

i tend to watch the BBC and read the NYT and the washington post, but I
really
have to hand it to the BBC,

I think Charlie Self said this earlier - you have to approach half of what
you hear with skepticism, but eventually you have to take for granted that
something is probably true and base your opinions on it.

If I see a Fox News story, I'll usually go look it up on news.google.com
and see what other news outlets have to say about it. The themes and
figures that resonate in other media tend to be reliable enough to form an
educated opinion.

like i said, fow news is off the list. i might be missing something here and
there
but for the most part it just seems a waste of time.