Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land Mr. Land is offline

Default Denon PMA 250 mains tranny secondary voltage

On Jun 5, 10:37*am, "Ron(UK)" wrote:
As the subject says, I have a Denon PMA 250 with an open circuit mains
transformer primary - no doubt the thermal protection has failed. Can
anyone tell me the secondary voltage?

RonUK

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

Hmm. I just found a "datasheet" for a Denon PMA250SE. It quotes the
output power as 2x50W into 4 ohms. And I'm wondering: how feasible is
it to "reverse size" a power transformer based on an amp's output
rating? For example in this case, 2x50W = 100W x some_fudge_factor
(to account for losses, powering preamp circuitry, etc.), so maybe a
PT capable of outputting 150W (at a reasonably proper voltage) might
do the trick? Or is there some large loss or conversion factor I'm
ignoring?