Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Slide rules

Colin Wilson wrote:

Most basic are the A and B scales; simple scales for multiplication.
Slide 1 on B to the multiplicand on A. Then read off the product on A
against the multiplier on B (any value you like, so it makes a kind of
'times table').

http://www.taswegian.com/TwoHeaded/U...niVirtual.html
...and I really can't get my head around even the "simple" one - there
is no B :-}

I'm not surprised - that is a bit weird. You can add and remove scales,
and everything, but...
Here's a nice simple one...!
http://www.antiquark.com/sliderule/s...l-n909-es.html

OK, plan B

Result: still can't get my head around it :-}

I think you were talking about moving the cursor to the value of B on
A, once you set the A & B to the values you want to multiply to read
the answer.

The first one I tried worked, but nothing beyond that :-}

As the OP I didn't think this thread would run as long as this :-)

I am slowly getting over the stiff slider though. I might get out the
lump hammer tomorrow :-)

Dave