Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default CSI electrical mistake

"pipedown" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
metspitzer wrote in
:

I was watching CSI. It is a great show.

Some guy falls 12 floors. His drill has been shorted and the ground
plug has been cut.

CSI says the GFCI is useless without the ground plug. false

I like CSI and CSI Miami,but they are full of "mistakes".
They are entertainment,but not factual.

(Florida doesn't have gun registration and our cars don't have front
plates;MAJOR errors.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah, CSI Miami is probably the worst of the 4 such shows on that
network. NCIS comes closest but still makes a few technical mistakes.
I also find all of them entertaining but wouldn't rely on anything I
saw on them if I were a juror.

I've read that jury candidates who watch CSI and like shows are often
rejected for duty. They tend to expect evidence that is not possible or
practical.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik