Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak Tournifreak is offline

Default centrifugal bathroom extractor fan with humidistat or overruntimer?

On Jun 5, 3:04 pm, benpost wrote:
I have a bathroom with no window, but there is a duct of about 4
metres which goes through a bedroom (boxed in at top corner of room)
and out the back.

The old fan was a cheapy axial thing which I'm sure didn't even blow
the air all the way out of the duct.

I went an bought a greenwood airvac S90 fan a while ago which isnt yet
fitted but I dont think this has an overrun or humidistat.

I'm happy to get another one as I really need a decent fan to combat
the mould which grows on the ceiling, anyone got any recommendations?
The duct is 100mm diameter.

Cheers

Have a look he
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ans/index.html

I used the DX100 fan in a similar situation (probably 2.5m horizontal
extraction). It seems to work OK, but is very loud in a very small
room. But with 4m length, I think you'll just have to live with it,
unless you can fit a fan in-line somewhere along the length of the
pipe. But then they're very expensive.

Rather than buy one with a timer, I bought a ceiling PIR (which has a
timer built-in). The difference in cost between 'fan with timer' and
'fan + PIR' is negligable. Plus, the fan + light comes on
automatically when you enter. Works for us in our downstairs toilet,
but might not be desirable in a bathroom.

Jon.