Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:04:04
on Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Clive George remarked:
Well I know that neither John'o'groats nor lands end are civilised,
but the places in between are. More or less. Also to do 600 miles in
a day requires a tad more speed than will give ypu that sort of fuel
economy, or illegally long driving hours.

It's only 10 hours at 60 average - easy on motorways, even including
fuel stops.

According to Google Maps, it's 837 miles and "about 14 hours 59 mins".

No, 600 miles is 600 miles. Personally I wouldn't ask Google Maps to tell
me how long 600 miles was, I let it do what it's best at.

Which is telling you the distance by road, around 840 miles - as confirmed
by at least two other sources.

No, the distance by road for 600 miles is 600 miles. Why do you keep going
on about 840 and LEJOG? That's got nothing to do with what I eas saying.

clive