Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 01:47:02
on Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Clive George remarked:
Well I know that neither John'o'groats nor lands end are civilised, but
the places in between are. More or less. Also to do 600 miles in a day
requires a tad more speed than will give ypu that sort of fuel economy,
or illegally long driving hours.

It's only 10 hours at 60 average - easy on motorways, even including fuel
stops.

According to Google Maps, it's 837 miles and "about 14 hours 59 mins".

No, 600 miles is 600 miles. Personally I wouldn't ask Google Maps to tell me
how long 600 miles was, I let it do what it's best at.

(you forgot to mention that a fair chunk of that 837 miles isn't on motorway
too, but since it's irrelevant to what I wrote that's probably a good
thing).

clive