Posted to uk.d-i-y
de_ja de_ja is offline

Default Demolition Notice

There is some brownfield land nearby the house, upon which there is a
derelict 17th century Public House and for which a planning
application had been refused in 2006 to erect self contained flats.

In the space of a few months this year, a boarding has been removed
from the front of the public house, there had been a fire and the
building (and land) has been sold. I noted just last week a
demolition
engineer entering the building.

Today I recieved a Demoltion Notice, Building Act 1980, it specified
that the firm "name" has three months to demolish the property and
must adhere to the requirements of the Building Act 1980.

Please; I would be grateful to learn, to what information would I be
entitled. Googling the firm "name" has yielded no success, other than
a potential foreign firm.

Would I be in my rights to ask the agency serving the Notice for the
contact details of the firm for whom the demolition is to be
conducted, would I be in my rights to ascertain what plans the firm
have for the site or would I have to wait for notification by the
Local Authority.

I have already contacted the Local Authority who have confirmed that
there is no current planning application.

Thanks very much,

p.s. Is this normal practise, to spend money demolishing, before
ensuring a successful planning application. This seems abit backwards
to me!

p.p.s Is there some recourse available to be with regard to potential
discomfort that might be caused by the demolition, I intend to ask
the
agency who served the Notice, who I could submit complaints to, if
necessary.

I mean't ask also, is there no consultaion process regarding
demolitions as there is with Planning Applications.

Thanks.