Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default UPS

Nate Nagel wrote:

N8N wrote:

Agh, I forgot about the UPS factor. Not McMaster-Carr's fault, save for
using a ****ty shipping company. Actually as usual McM-C shipped the
stuff immediately and it actually made to my local depot in time for
delivery today, but when I track the shipment I get a "Delivery
Exception" saying that I wasn't present at 7:30 PM to sign for the
package... well, I WAS home, and I'm ASSuming that due to traffic and
weather the driver never made it to my neighborhood. (I could accept
that, because it did take me over two hours to get home from work, and
all the traffic lights between Tyson's Corner and Merrifield were NFG...
what a show...) But don't lie to me on your web site, UPS, just tell me
the truth.

I know McM-C didn't send this package signature required as this one was
worth only about $30 and they've sent far higher value orders without
requiring a signature before.

*sigh*

I'm really trying not to start on another UPS rant. It appears that
when doing business with vendors that ship via UPS I'm going to have to
start having the stuff delivered to my office because their residential
delivery service is simply abysmal.

nate

My normal residential UPS driver doesn't pull that s**t. She's
very good and reliable even though I am somewhat remote.
Where I am, UPS is the most reliable delivery service.
DHL, on the other hand, is really terrible. Their drivers make
excuses for 3 days in a row without attempting a delivery and
then the package will just sit at DHLs warehouse for weeks
without notifying anyone. Or else the driver will claim to have
delivered it when it is still on the truck and delivers it 2 days
later.
UPS Freight (formerly known as Overnite Trucking) is also really bad.