Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default New energy-saving lights at Home Depot

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
I see you got plenty of good information, but let me add a bit more.
Don't be too quick to change all of your lights. If you have a bulb
that gets just a few minutes of use a month, just leave it until the
bulb burns out. I have on light in my basement that is rarely used
and I don't recall ever changing the bulb. Potential energy savings
are offset by the cost of the CF replacement.

Of course some people believe that reduced energy usage doesn't have to be
about saving *me* money. Reduced energy usage is a positive thing on its
own. If you save some money at the same time, great, but that does not
have to be the only motivation.

Right, put that good incandescent bulb in the landfill and use the CF and
all the manufacturing waste that went into it. You still need to use a bit
of common sense.