Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Toilet-tank leak? ? ?

"Ray" wrote in message
news:Jsh1k.2200$Kw3.573@trndny01...
Since posting I found the source -- a hairline crack in the tank.

Is that something I can seal with caulking, or should I replace the whole
thing?

If you dry the tank out very well, you could try rubbing epoxy into the crack,
especially from the inside. Squeeze it in by rubbing over it with your finger,
then leave a layer over the crack in addition. Sand the surface lightly first.

If the cracked area shows, rub the epoxy in from the outside, but then wipe it
off show it doesn't show. Otherwise, leave a layer there also.