Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default belt sander conveyer control

"telrite" wrote in message
I have a 24 volt dc motor that I plan on using for a conveyer on a
drum sander that I am building. My question is can I use a speed
controller for a router. They say it is for ac/dc

the router is a triac based control, it will control AC brushmotors just
fine, but will not work with a DC input - this is beause it works by duty
cycle modulating the input power and if there is no zero crossing the triac
wont turn off. DC motor controllers are made by Minarik and other companies
and are found used on Ebay and the like - but I suspect you will find it
less expensive to buy a motor and a controller -that is unless your 24VDC
motor is quite special.