Grunff

Default Bowing house wall - tie rods?

BigWallop wrote:

Please say your not sure. All it can take is some ground movement or a
heavy lorry passing the building, to take any precarious structure over the
edge. Do you know that the joist are still properly seated on their
retainers ? Have the joists moved out of their original position and are
now sitting on crumbling mortar.

Greatest deflection is aout 30mm, over 70 years. The joists are
still nicely in their holes, that was one of the first things I
checked.

We'd all miss you.

I'm touched...

I will be doing something about it - don't worry. Just getting
the group's thoughts first. I like to understand things. I'm
trying to understand what possible solutions may exist. I like
to have this information before calling in someone who may or
may not know what they're talking about.

--
Grunff