Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Capturing groudn water for sprinkler

"dnoyeB" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone have information on how to capture ground water for use on my
lawn. I have a small stream that flows next to my house. I also have a
sump in my basement which I calculated to pass about 24K gallons per day.
Its probably a bit less than that, but it seems sufficient to work with.

I calculated that I can water a section of my lawn with about
3600gallons. So I figure a 4000g tank should be good. Or even 2000g for
starters.

Anyone know where I should look to get started on a project like this!?

It sounds like you have a nice sandy layer carrying water below you yard. You
could consider "sand point"s, either "driven" or
http://www.bradyproducts.com/documen...stallation.pdf. The Brady units are
amazingly cheap.

If you really have 1000 gallons/hour passing through your sump, a pump intake
there could supply a properly designed sprinkler system. Just make sure the
sprinkler water demand stays under the minimum water flow.

Sprinkler pumps ar easily available.