Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207[_2_] BobK207[_2_] is offline

Default Painting copper pipes?

On Jun 3, 8:57*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have a few copper pipes that are exposed - meaning they run along the
outside of the exterior block wall, they are lines for an outdoor utility
shower so one line is cold and one line is hot.

I don't like the copper and messy soldering look, and wonder if I can paint
it so it looks distressed and aged a bit, is it possible to paint copper
pipes and fittings? *especially with one pipe that can be hot?

If so do I need special paint and do I need to prime it? *What can I do to
make it look distressed?

Thanks,

MC

Yes you can paint the copper. I have in several situations.

If your clean it (remove any residual flux & accumulated dirt) & prime
it & paint with latex (color to "match" block wall?)

it will last a long time, have installations that are 20+ years that
are just fine.

cheers
Bob