Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default What's the best way to punch a 2" hole for a drain pipe through a cinder block wall?

wrote in message

stuff snipped

costs a bit more but well worth the money, makes a multi hour star
drill job a 5 minute no work event.........

I had already put the much cheaper ($29):

in my cart but now I am not so sure. I need it to make one hole. I have
some masonry bits but I assume they may not be for hammer drills. The unit
you recommended has a bit pack with it, and a brush and the rubber cup
design looks more protective of the drill. I am not sure that matters,
though, since I will be drilling and my helper will be using the shopvac to
catch what probably will be substantial debris. Both are made by Chicago.
One's a 1" and the other's only 1/2" and one weighs 5 pounds and the other
10. The thirty dollar price difference buys me this carbide hole saw:

http://www.westerntool.com/product.htm?pid=429588

Decisions, decisions.

--
Bobby G.