Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Beginner Relief Carving Book?

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:21:42 -0500, "Kate"
wrote:

AH HAH! Someone who understands!
I'll bet that YOUR habit is a whole lot more expensive to support than mine.
After all, if mine breaks, I can WALK out.

If you mean the airplane...

We had a spark plug go bad Sunday. It wasn't really noticeable in
flight, but showed up during a "mag check", during the pre-takeoff
engine run up. During the mag check, each of the two plugs per
cylinder is used singularly, as we run on one magneto at a time vs.
the usual two. The plane shook like a wet dog when running on the
magneto that fed the bad plug.

This was with two first-time flyers aboard, at the far end of the
trip. Everybody got to sit around the airport for 2 hours while the
problem was repaired. I don't think they said a word all the way
back!

A single, high-quality spark plug was over $60, not including
installation, which required cowl disassembly. 8^(

http://www.skygeek.com/rem38s.html

Part of the annual maintenance is rotating the spark plugs to get them
even usage in different engine positions.

That's why I bicycle to work and build my own furniture. G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **