Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Gunner

Ignoramus16961 wrote:
On 2008-06-04, Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:00:34 -0500, Ignoramus16961
wrote:

I know that you like to brag once in a while.

Would you say that I overpaid by getting a 2 1/2 sized Ingersoll Rand
impact wrench for $49?

(2 1/2 is the hammer size, it means that the square hole in the impact
socket would need to be 2.5 by 2.5 inch. Kind of big)

You suck!!!

Now what are you going to do with it? Turn it into a lamp?

Unless you own a BIG Sullaire compressor......?

Gunner, pondering what it would do to you if the bolt didnt break
immediately........

My plan is to take it apart, clean up, maybe do a rebuild and sell.

The biggest nut I have in the house is 3". Not big enough for this one.

Look in the mirror for a loose nut...:-)

I know a guy who works on HUGE by LARGE steam engines who would look at
a 3" nut and say "How Quaint"

Take a look at his web site. Maybe Rick could find a use for that little
impact wrench.
http://www.todengine.org/

--
Steve W.